Subject: Re: pr/25138 call for testing of automatic ffs1 superblock repair
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/18/2004 00:18:22
I have received one successful testing report and my testing
only uncovered a kernel bug which I have since fixed.
Therefore, I have enabled the rc.d/fixsb script in -current.
Please test.  If you notice problems, please report them.

I plan to request this to be pulled up to the 2.0 branch within a day
or two since it will mostly be an issue affecting people upgrading
their systems.  I would like to have more confidence boosting feedback
before I endanger the release.

Even a report of the form, "I saw the boot message `Checking for
botched superblock upgrades:' and didn't notice any problems"
is useful feedback.

Thanks,
Darrin