Subject: Re: ata/wdc vs gcc3 on amiga
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/14/2004 10:54:47
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> writes:

> As Jukka already confirmed, changing chp_flags to volatile seems to
> help similar lossage I experienced on shark.
>
> Any objections to commiting the attached patch?

I'm still concerned that this is just a band-aid and the same issue is
waiting to bite us in nearly every device driver. I'm in favor of
making the spl function an instruction barrier on all ports where it's
a macro or inline function - though some benchmarking to see if that's
better or worse than just making the spl calls non-inline functions is
probably in order.

        - Nathan