Subject: Re: sharing disks on the same bus with multiple hosts
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/10/2004 00:32:46
On Fri 09 Apr 2004 at 23:59:20 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> For some time I shared a DLT library between a NetBSD and a Solaris box
> (when migrating backup software). We needed to be carefull about not using
> both backup system at the same time, but when we were carefull it worked
> fine :)

That reminds me of the computer club in my socondary school, where we
had 5 PETs on a single IEEE-488 bus (aka GPIB or HPIB) with one disk
drive and one printer.  Same thing: even though the IEEE-488 allows
multiple masters, the PET's software assumes only itself is the master.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.