Subject: Re: sharing disks on the same bus with multiple hosts
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/09/2004 22:33:36
> I think a change of HBA SCSI ID would have to be a compile-time
> constant, to avoid the host coming on the bus at the same ID as some
> other host at HBA initialization time.

Maybe....

esp0 at sbus0 slot ? offset ?
scsibus0 at esp0 hostid 6

That way at least fits well with the existing design.

It does mean that all "device foo: scsi" lines have to acquire a hostid
locator, or else config has to be able to deal with locators attached
to attributes rather than devices (to "scsi" in this case).  (The
former would be easier to do; the latter would be righter.  Unless
config already does that by now and I just haven't noticed. :-)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign