Subject: Re: bumping default open descriptors
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jesper Louis Andersen <jlouis@mongers.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/02/2004 16:35:25
Quoting matthew green (mrg@eterna.com.au):

> 	- currently it's 64, raise to what?  128?  256?  i'm vaguely
> 	inclined to make it 256 but i'd also like to allow MD code to
> 	lower the limit back to 64 if they want (is this actually
> 	necessary?)

My experience: Either the program you are tryping to run is written
poorly and insists on 1000 fd's, or the program is written well and
requires 3. So I am not sure anything would be gained.

PS. tryping was a wisspelling, but it as rather fun. A mix of try and
typing it captures the feeling when you enter things in the command
line but your hands resists the ideas your brain has.

--
j.