Subject: 1- to 2-argument KASSERT conversion
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/17/2004 01:23:46
I'm looking for advice how to get my 2-argument KASSERT patches finished
and stuck into -current w/ the least possible surprise or pain.

At <http://che.ojctech.com/~dyoung/public/kassert1-diffs> are my patches
that rename KASSERT to KASSERT1 and change KASSERT to the two-argument
version that was discussed previously.

For the most part, the patches are pretty boring. I remember two issues.

1 My implementation of KASSERT(cond, message) is in the
  sys/lib/libkern/libkern.h patch.  It does not tell file and line number
  like the old KASSERT. If it is important to folks for that info to
  appear, have you got some advice on how to achieve a parsimonious
  implementation?

2 I am not satisfied with what I did to netipsec/ipsec_osdep.h.  Maybe we
  can synchronize w/ FreeBSD on simpler osdep sources?

Dave