Subject: Re: Audio card support
To: Wouter Klouwen <dublet@dublet.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2004 13:05:56
On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 11:07:00AM +0100, Wouter Klouwen wrote:

> I recently bought a new sound card, a Terratec Aureon Sky 5.1. I bought it
> [...]
> As far as I know, this should be supported by the cmpci driver. (The card
> has a C-Media chipset, and cmpci is the only C-Media driver.) I am a
> little weiry about modifying the pcidevs myself, as I no doubt would screw
> up the kernel, or completely miss to change/add certain parts. Is there
> anyone who could supply me with a pointer on how to add support in pcidevs
> and test if it works? (Or alternetively supply me with a patch ;)
> [...]
> *: http://www.codebunny.org/audio/cmi.html

I think you may have been bitten by creative labeling here.  The page
you cite talks about the "Aureon Fun," which is indeed based on the CMI
chipset.  However, you say you bought the "Aureon Sky," which is based
on the VIA Envy24 chipset -- which supports 24-bit, 192KHz audio, and is
not currently supported by NetBSD.