Subject: System lockup during dump()
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, port-cats@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/06/2004 11:45:24
I'm trying to track down why a Cats box just freezes when trying to do a
panic dump.  Turning on the wdcdebug code shows the following activity:

db> sync

boot: howto=00000100 curlwp=0x0

syncing disks... done

__wdcwait aceride0:0 (timeout:1)

wdcintr

__wdccommand_intr aceride0:0:0

__wdcwait aceride0:0 (timeout:0)

dumping to dev 16,1 offset 789199

__wdcwait aceride0:0 (timeout:1)

wdcintr

__wdccommand_intr aceride0:0:0

__wdcwait aceride0:0 (timeout:0)

after which the machine just goes catatonic until the reset button is
pressed.

What gives?  I thought that the dump was supposed to be done with POLL
operations, so why is wdcintr being called?

R.