Subject: Re: Audio not working
To: Mahadeva Swamy T L <Swamy@soc-soft.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/01/2004 15:37:37
--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ

hi,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 08:45:02PM +0530, Mahadeva Swamy T L wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I am working on a Audio Driver with DMA enabled. Presently I am able to
> hear some junk data when I say,

> I am using mapped and cacheable region.

Cacheable for the dma buffers or device registers? In this
case, you're asking for trouble, unless you're using a hardware
that keeps all bus devices view of the memory in sync without
software support, or unless your bus_dma implementation handles
the necessary cache flushing.

Regards,
	-is

--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ