Subject: device driver sysctls
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/29/2004 20:08:04
I've added sysctls for ath(4) in ath.* (that's right, top-level). I
don't intend for this to be permanent. Where do the sysctls belong?
I believe it was Dan Carosone who suggested,

	driver.ath.<global variable>
	driver.ath.0.<instance variable>

How is that?

For me, driver.ath0 as an alternative to driver.ath.0 also has merit,
because it parallels ifconfig arguments and such.

Someone mentioned on icb that most (all?) of the ath sysctls should be
instance variables. Yes, yes, it is true, but that is not the way ath(4)
is coded right now. I prefer to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Dave