Subject: Re: Dma Tag
To: Nitin P Mahajan <Nitin@soc-soft.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/27/2004 23:54:41
On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 04:20:34PM +0530, Nitin P Mahajan wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 	Thank u so much for replying.
> But If I want to implement the DMA backend then I need to understand

On what platform ?

> these fields very well before creation of a DMA tag. Could u please
> explain me these fields in detail and tell me who I decide upon the
> values in these fields while creation of a DMA tag.

I think you get it backward. You should start from the specifications
in the bus_dma(9) man page, and see how this can be implemented for your
platform. Starting from an existing bus_dma implementation may not work at all
for your hardware.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>