Subject: TI acx(4): acx100 (also bcm-m) architecture in kernel and decoding
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Sam Thigpen <sthigpen@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/26/2004 00:16:27
Most of the functions for the Lucent/Intersil wi(4) driver in
sys/dev/pci/wi.c will need to be re-written, to a certain extent, for the
acx(4) driver.

I want to clearly document as much as possible (ulterior motive is another
project for changing the shifting the frequencies on wireless cards to the
amateur bands), but if drivers for these cards are written explicitly in
template form putting in bcm mobile, support etc. could be done readily
(I am very much a newbie to the list so that is just my 2 cents).

Linux and ndiswrapper should help with a bcm-m driver.

Is anyone doing this for the kernel now?

http://sthigpen.freeshell.org/netbsd/acx/

Any additional insight is needed...

Sam.

SA Thigpen * KL1FE * http://sthigpen.freeshell.org