Subject: Porting linux device drivers to netbsd
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Cherry George Mathew <cherry@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/22/2004 13:42:09
Hello List,

I'm new to netbsd, and looking to learn more about the kernel. I have a
mostly functional driver for my tv tuner card ( Not bttv) which code is
lying around useless to others because it didn't make it into the busy
lkm list. I'd like to fine tune it a bit more, and see how far it goes
with the NetBSD code base, seeing that there is more tolerance for older
h/w here :-)

This would mostly be a learning exercise for me, so any help would be
welcome. For instance, I know that the NetBSD tuner driver is ported from
FreeBSD, but that the maintainer is a NetBSD hacker now ?

Any tips on how to go about this is welcome.

Pls note that I'm not on the list. Pls cc: replys to me.

Thanks,

Best,

Cherry

--