Subject: Re: PTRTOINT64() / INT64TOPTR()
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/18/2004 13:11:16
On Tuesday 17 February 2004 23:31, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:17:58AM +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
> > I wonder if <sys/sysctl.h> is the right place - the macro isn't
> > sysctl-specific.  That said, I'm not sure where else.  <sys/param.h>
> > seems like overkill.
>
> types.h or one of the inttypes variants under it?

I'd prefer having it not appear in the standard headers.  First,
there's the namespace issue.   Second, C99 doesn't really say
that you can convert between pointers and uint64_t (note that
the current implementation is using u_int64_t, and PTRTOUINT64()
would be a slightly less confusing name); that's why there's
uintptr_t, after all.

- Klaus