Subject: Re: pwd returning duplicate directory in path
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2004 23:49:50
On 2004-02-13 bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr wrote:

> This is:
> disco:/#uname -a
> NetBSD disco 1.6.1_STABLE NetBSD 1.6.1_STABLE (DISCO) #3: Sun Aug 24 16:17:28 MEST 2003     bouyer@disco:/home/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/DISCO alpha

  A little while ago when testing a hardware bug triggered by a system
build I noticed that removing a build object directory while running a
build in a different (but similarly named) directory caused a panic in
cache_lookup (uvm_fault on 0xdeadb000, according to my notes).  This is on
1.6W i386, and I was able to repeat it two or three times.  I wanted to
look into it further before sending a PR, but didn't get a chance yet.  I
do run with both DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC, so it might just be a debug code
error.  However, if others are having name cache issues this could be
related.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com