Subject: Re: Where is audio_cd defined ?
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2004 23:48:03
Le Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:34:34 -0800
Blaz Antonic a ecrit :
> Pardon my ignorance but i can't seem to be able to find out where
> exactly extern struct called audio_cd (used by sys/dev/audio.c) is
> defined. I checked all the header files referenced in audio.c,
> everything in {sys/dev, sys/dev/ic, sys/sys, sys/arch/sparc/include and
> all .h files in /sys and its subdirectories} and i also checked the
> pre-processed .i output of audio.c, as generated after including audio.c
> (certain parts of it required by am7930.c) in my kernel. Said struct
> type (cfdriver) is defined in sys/sys/device.h but extern struct
> cfdriver audio_cd isn't defined in any header file.

It's defined in a file auto-generated by config(8), named ioconf.c.  You
will find it in the compilation directory of your kernel.

"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.
Should I lay my fiddle down and take a rifle from the ground ?"
Leigh Nash/Sixpence None The Richer, Paralyzed, Divine Discontents, 2002.