Subject: Where is audio_cd defined ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2004 23:34:34
Hello,

Pardon my ignorance but i can't seem to be able to find out where
exactly extern struct called audio_cd (used by sys/dev/audio.c) is
defined. I checked all the header files referenced in audio.c,
everything in {sys/dev, sys/dev/ic, sys/sys, sys/arch/sparc/include and
all .h files in /sys and its subdirectories} and i also checked the
pre-processed .i output of audio.c, as generated after including audio.c
(certain parts of it required by am7930.c) in my kernel. Said struct
type (cfdriver) is defined in sys/sys/device.h but extern struct
cfdriver audio_cd isn't defined in any header file.

I imagine nobody on the port-sparc list has the slightest clue as to how
audio.c and other "MI" am7930 code works (judging by the total lack of
is allegedly machine-independent i thought somebody here might know what
the problems is.

If audio_cd isn't defined anywhere (which seems to be the case) then
audio.c will compile but won't ever link because of missing symbol. I
wonder how am7930 support compiles for sparc architecture then ...

So ... would anybody care to explain how to get audio.c to compile ? I'm
trying to use "MI" am7930 driver on non-sparc architecture, i have
machine dependent part bodged together already. Please CC your reply to
my address since i'm not subscribed to the mailing list. Thank you.

Blaz Antonic