Subject: USB UHCI driver and controller quirks
To: NetBSD tech-kern <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2004 10:59:15
I know nothing about NetBSD, but I hope someone can give me some
information (or point out where to look) about the USB UHCI host
controller driver.

In particular, I'd like to know how it copes with the differences and
quirks of various manufacturers' controllers.  A few items of interest:

	How is Intel's non-standard implementation of the Over Current
	port status bits managed?

	What about VIA's implementation of those same bits, done
	differently from Intel's?

	Does the driver cope with the Intel erratum that causes a port
	with the Over Current input set to signal a Resume Detect?

	How does the driver handle VIA controllers that shut themselves
	down when they receive a babble packet?

Thanks for any help...

Alan Stern