Subject: Re: wscons keymaps (in-kernel and/or outside of it?)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Volker A. Brandt <vab@bb-c.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/11/2004 16:18:25
> Maps are recursive. For example to get the Map "de.nodead" the map "us" is
> loaded. Then the Map "de" is merged. Then the Map "de.nodead" is merged.
>
> It will be difficult to only keep the needed maps based on a config option.
>
> At this moment wskbdmap_mfii.c supports 10 languages with variants. The
> tables use only 2720 bytes. I'm still in favour of option 2).

While option 3) from the original posting is interesting, we should
not lose sight of the KISS principle.  So, option 2) is quite OK
for me as well.
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH              WWW: http://www.bb-c.de/~vab/
Meckenheim, Germany                                   Email: vab@bb-c.de