Subject: Re: NetBSD next major release...
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <skrueger@europe.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/10/2004 20:50:11
> Quick question for you...
not so quick answer for you... *g*

> I am trying to port an application on NetBSD using intensively posix
> threads.
Don't expect any speed-ups on MP system cause netbsd's native threads
are currently bound to one cpu AFAIK, so there's no parallelism!!!

> I had a lot of issues in the past with NetBSD about this.
> I just heard about NetBSD 2.0 and its new changes! Do you have any
> roadmap about the final version of the kernel?
> How can I test it and use current development version of this system?
you can get snapshots from:
ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/
ftp://ftp.cz.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/
ftp://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/

here's how to create a bootable cd:
http://www.de.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html

here's how to install netbsd:
http://www.de.netbsd.org/guide/en/