Subject: Re: wscons keymaps (in-kernel and/or outside of it?)
To: Hernani Marques Madeira <hernani@tuners.ch>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/10/2004 16:58:02
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:42:40PM +0100, Hernani Marques Madeira wrote:
> Point 3 is associated with the idea of a framework that Hubert
> mentionned; the keymaps could be written in such a manner that
> they can be (using make or a textprocessor) integreated into
> *.c files and converted into wsconsctl-friendly keymap files.
> So there is only one file to be maintained.

I like this the best.  Not only because it's a combination of the two,
but because it seems the easiest for people to expand themselves.  If
you want to make a new keymap, you have examples to start from, an easy
way to test with wsconsctl and then a way to compile it into your own
kernel as a default keymap once you have something you like.

If you'd be willing to make a tool like you mention above (even if it's
a simple script) with a man page describing how to use it, I think that
would be great!

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/