Subject: Re: NetBSD next major release...
To: Eric Circlaeys <eric.c@mac.com>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/10/2004 09:22:00
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 05:54:15PM +0100, Eric Circlaeys wrote:
> Quick question for you...
>
> I am trying to port an application on NetBSD using intensively posix
> threads.
> I had a lot of issues in the past with NetBSD about this.
> I just heard about NetBSD 2.0 and its new changes! Do you have any
> roadmap about the final version of the kernel?
> How can I test it and use current development version of this system?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
> Eric.

I don't have any information about the release of NetBSD-2.0, though
I've heard that the CVS branch may happen soon.

If you'd like to work with the code that will *become* 2.0, you want
"NetBSD-current".  The most recent kernel version is 1.6ZJ.
I would suggest beginning with a binary snapshot which you can
get from ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/ .
(look in the directories tagged with various dates.  Depending on
which architecture you're interested in, not all dates have all
architectures.)

You may also want to use anonymous CVS to track -current source, if
you want to build the system yourself.
See the "NetBSD-current" section of http://www.netbsd.org/Releases/

good luck!

+j