Subject: Re: Abstracting pckbc(4)
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/02/2004 21:40:36
On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 02:56:48AM +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Hot plug doesn't work (as far as I know), but you should design the
> extra abstraction so it could.  Just make sure to propagate the
> detach and activate calls that (presumably) comes from the controller.

FWIW it is actually possible to detect the insertion of keyboard or
mouse into a PS/2 socket (you might need to move the mouse...) and
determine whether it was a keyboard or mouse that was inserted.

It then doesn't matter which hole you ram the plug into.
Of course having two mice gets silly...
Two keyboards forces you to fix the code that changes the shift lock lights
and gives slight problems with the shift keys themselves.

(all working on a SA1100/SA1101 system)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk