Subject: Re: Abstracting pckbc(4)
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/02/2004 12:35:19
On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> Hot plug doesn't work (as far as I know), but you should design the
> extra abstraction so it could.  Just make sure to propagate the
> detach and activate calls that (presumably) comes from the controller.

So the model would be that the controller driver would call the midlayer
when it noticed a new device, and the midlayer would call
config_found_sm(), and similarly the controller driver would call the
midlayer when a device went away, and the midlayer would call
config_detach().  Is that correct?

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>