Subject: Re: Abstracting pckbc(4)
To: None <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/02/2004 00:41:18
In article <20040201171116.GB589@apb.cequrux.com> you write:
>On Sun, 01 Feb 2004, Ben Harris wrote:
>> What have I got wrong or forgotten?
>
>You didn't mention support for hot pluggable keyboards and mice.  For
>example, if you boot a machine without a keyboard, and plug a keyboard
>in later, it would be nice if it worked.

Does it work at the moment with pckbc?  If not, I don't plan to add support
for it, since my intention is merely to provide an abstraction to allow for
the replacement of the lower layer of the current pckbc driver, rather than
to add any other new features.  If hot-plugging does currently work with
pckbc, is there anything you think I particularly need to be aware of when
designing my abstraction?

--
Ben Harris