Subject: Crash in VOP_STRATEGY on sparc64
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jesper Louis Andersen <jlouis@mongers.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/23/2004 20:25:26
I have a 1.6ZH here which crashes in some VOP_STRATEGY code. This is
completely unusable unless I somehow can get the backtrace from DDB
to the net. I know people are not sitting there and writing the stuff
down on paper, so:

What is the usual way of getting a backtrace into a file in the file-
system?

One method would be a serial interface. I do not have such one handy,
but I can probably build one quite easily. Another could be to play
with savecore I expect, but I have no knowledge of that (yet, hehe).

Thus my question: How are people out there doing this stuff? I am
willing to write appropriate sections in the kernel FAQ.

--
j.