Subject: Re: packet capturing
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/23/2004 12:23:53
> Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:
> >>One last question -- any reason not to use the sysctl to determine the
> >>limit now that you added one?
> >
> > Only ``Thats what the standard libpcap does''.  If you can get
> > tcpdump.org to buy it back, I say go for it.
>
> Itojun is one of the tcpdump.org folks, so I suspect we can get it
> bought back pretty easily.

	(i have not been following the thread, so general comment)
	these days libpcap/tcpdump on various platforms diverged too much so
	it is sometimes not trivial to bring things back to tcpdump.org.
	(even if something is an improvement on a platform, it may be a bad
	thing for other pltaforms/may conflict with other platforms)

itojun