Subject: Re: packet capturing
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/22/2004 09:02:29
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 05:25:14AM +0000, Darren Reed wrote:

> The paper aside, are 100BT nics coming out with interrupt deferal or
> is it only 1000BT ones ?  What about 4 port 1000BT cards (can you get
> them, even) ?

Even $30 1000baseT NIC cards have interrupt deferral.  And yes, there
are $30 1000baseT cards that work quite well -- nothing keeps you from
running them at 100baseTX, of course.

There are indeed 4-port gigabit cards.  We used one in my last project
at ReefEdge -- it'd just come on the market then and was kinda pricy
but I bet it's dropped.  At the time, Intel made the only one.