Subject: Re: packet capturing
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/21/2004 14:51:04
--Apple-Mail-9--218499146

On Jan 21, 2004, at 2:45 PM, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Hey, nonsense, yourself. Andrew's constructors are variadic.
> That means we just plain _cannot_ write generic macros that pass some
> of their arguments into sysctl constructors, in the way that FreeBSD
> does: the number of arguments in the macro-expansion has to vary,
> and C macros just can't do that.

I think you missed my point.

Go to src/sys/kern and grep for SYSCTL_SETUP.  Those are the
constructors to which I referred, and they are inserted into a link set
that is run down at the appropriate time.  Those constructors in turn
call the variadic function that actually sets up the sysctl var.

--Apple-Mail-9--218499146
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-9--218499146--