Subject: Re: vnode usage and reclaimation - feels like deadlocking
To: Stephen M. Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Stephen M. Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/16/2004 14:10:53
I wanted to just note that I've read Perry Metzger's suggestions for
kern.maxvnodes numbers for a few machines based on memory and tasks.
From what I understand maxvnodes can safely be set to 20-25% of
system memory .. which in my case would be 256000 - 512000 .. The
highest I've worked with is 65536, but I am not trying those mentioned
numbers.  I know that there is a limit for BUFCACHE which I set between
6% and %12 depending on the target.  If there are other tweakable
parameters I should be playing with, I'd be very interested.