Subject: Re: switch to two-argument KASSERT?
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/15/2004 11:17:26
Matt Thomas wrote:
> Then use the old KASSERT.  No one is forcing you to use the new
> KASSERT2.  But if you do, spend some time to get a more informative
> message.  I *hate* the KASSERT because it doesn't tell me *enough*
> about the problem.

Well, it's not matter of what I like for my code, but matter
of what information a random KASSERT() would print on me
when I happen to trigger it. It's my understanding there is going
to be single KASSERT() macro (with two args), and we'll migrate
the code to use it.

If the newly added descriptive texts would be really descriptive,
there is really probably little point in repeating the condition -
one can always look into sources for that, after all.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-