Subject: Re: Need to know about implementation of DMA on MIPS
To: Viswanath <>
From: Jochen Kunz <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/13/2004 10:35:34
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:33:13 -0800
"Viswanath" <> wrote:

> For your previous mail suggesting for the bus_dma independent
> framework for DMA to be used. I'm writing the DMA machine dependent
> code for On-chip DMA for SIO(serial interface) on tx4937 board. Need
> to have some tips as to how the implementation is done.
The device specific part of DMA is done in the device driver, not
bus_dma(9). bus_dma(9) provides only the infrastructure that a device
driver needs to do the actual DMA transactions. Have a look at existing
drivers and possibly the "NetBSD Device Driver Writing Guide". (See
links in the documentation section on the NetBSD web site.)