Subject: re: ffs compatibility patches
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/07/2004 12:14:02

   > These patches will also fix the problems discussed in these prs:
   >   kern/21404 "new kernel breaks file system for old kernels"
   >   kern/21283 "current FFS (not v2) incompatible with older NetBSD releases"

   I though I had closed kern/21283 , I daily use a ZIP floppy between a current
   i386 and 1.6.1 alpha without problems since I commited some changes for
   this ...

certainly, the bug is still there.  only last week i was semi-screwed by
this problem - booting a -current kernel on a year old -current system.
when trying to boot the old kernel again fsck was complaining about the
filesystem being broken, and needed -b 32 to fix it...

.mrg.