Subject: Re: Enabling opencrypto on all PCI-capable platforms
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/06/2004 00:27:18
On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 15:59:19 +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 09:10:06AM -0800, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> >
> > I think this should enable opencrypto and the PCI crypto accelerators
> > on all our PCI-capable platforms.  Comments?

[...]
> can be ignored (sparc for example - pci is only used on JavaStation
> Krups, IIRC, which has no PCI slots).

Well, actually there is "Espresso" JavaStation (also a microSPARC-IIep
design) that does have PCI slots, but that's an extremely rare machine
(I don't have one (hint, hint :)).

But for all _practical_ purposes sparc can be dropped from the list of
platforms on which to enable PCI crypto accelerators by default.

SY, Uwe