Subject: Re: mapping PCI memory
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/01/2004 15:54:32
On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 07:04:28PM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> wrote:
>
> > I've not been thinking about this much, but I think the right place for
> > this would be in the VGA driver. The way to map the video memory is probably
> > device-specific.
>
> But there is no vga here on macppc:
>
> ofb0 at pci0 dev 17 function 0: vendor 0x1002 product 0x4c47
> ofb0: 1024 x 768, 8bpp
> wsdisplay0 at ofb0 kbdmux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0

Couldn't we attach the vga driver here instead of ofb ?
Hum, there may be issues with the way the adapter is initialised.
Anyway, the righ place for this is in the driver, not the emulation layer.
It's possible that a chip-specific driver is needed instead of ofb to do
this.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>