Subject: Re: Zillion Digital Square driver
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/31/2003 16:51:30
On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 03:24:00PM +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> I don't really know.  There could be a problem with the ugen driver,
> but there could also be a problem with the device.  I suspect that the
> handling of the data toggle (the alternating-bit protocol) for bulk
> transfers might be wrong.  A device bug in the handling of the data
> toggle (e.g. not resetting according to the spec) could exhibit some
> behaviour like this.

Not related to this problem, but if the USB devices really are as buggy
as described on the NetBSD lists, how come I can plug almost any USB
gadget to an XP box and it Just Works (TM)?  I've got cameras, CF card
readers, a DVcam etc. and they all work without special drivers.  How can
bill gates write such drivers if real programmers can't?  Not trying to
start a flame war, just curious..

  -jm