Subject: Re: Kernel configuration/Makefile options to support Standard Libraries - crosscompile environment
To: Allen Briggs <>
From: Anand Lalgondar <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/30/2003 20:43:00

Yes thats what I was looking for.

Thank you very much Allen.

But still I have that question in mind that if you require to include
some thirdparty library, how to accomplish that. I browsed the whole
NetBSD documentation, but could not find one.

Please let me know if some has any idea. Thanks anyways.

 - Anand

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:23:38 -0500, "Allen Briggs"
<> said:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 05:46:03PM +0530, Anand Lalgondar wrote:
> > How can a standard library (math, time ...) be included while
> > cross-compliling the kernel for evbmips evaluation board.
> We generally don't want to have general libc functions in the kernel,
> although libkern does have some basics.  If you need libc functionality,
> then the general idea is to include that functionality in libkern.
> Are you sure that's what you want, though?  There are several RTC
> drivers--a group of them are in src/sys/dev/i2c/.  These drivers
> make use of functions in src/sys/dev/clock_subr.c to convert seconds
> to/from a "struct clock_ymdhms".  Is that sufficient for your needs?
> -allen
> --
>  Allen Briggs
>  Wasabi Systems, Inc.

-- - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                          unladen european swallow