Subject: Re: Kernel configuration/Makefile options to support Standard Libraries - crosscompile environment
To: Anand Lalgondar <solarflares@fastmail.fm>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/30/2003 09:23:38
On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 05:46:03PM +0530, Anand Lalgondar wrote:
> How can a standard library (math, time ...) be included while
> cross-compliling the kernel for evbmips evaluation board.

We generally don't want to have general libc functions in the kernel,
although libkern does have some basics.  If you need libc functionality,
then the general idea is to include that functionality in libkern.

Are you sure that's what you want, though?  There are several RTC
drivers--a group of them are in src/sys/dev/i2c/.  These drivers
make use of functions in src/sys/dev/clock_subr.c to convert seconds
to/from a "struct clock_ymdhms".  Is that sufficient for your needs?

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/