Subject: Kernel configuration/Makefile options to support Standard Libraries - crosscompile environment
To: NetBSD tech-kern <>
From: Anand Lalgondar <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/30/2003 17:46:03

How can a standard library (math, time ...) be included while
cross-compliling the kernel for evbmips evaluation board.

For example, I would like to use the ctime, mktime, and gmtime in one of
my RTC driver to calculate the "date and time". The RTC is just a 44-bit
counter and for every 0x8000 it is 1 sec. To get the number of seconds
elapsed I would right-shift the 44-bit value by 15 - that would give the
number of seconds passed. Now from this I should arrive at the "date and
time" factors. The standard time library supports this functionality.

One of the driver(don't know if it is a driver) in the directory
/dev/microcode/siop/ncr53cxxx.c uses the ctime function call and has
included the <time.h> header file. I included the same header file but
gives out error. I am stuck...

So I would like to know,
1. First how to compile only the required library, i.e, only
2. How can this library be included/linked while compiling the kernel.

Please provide some information.

Thanks anyways.

 - Anand

-- - The way an email service should be