Subject: Re: The Intel C++ compiler
To: tech-kern@NetBSD.org, <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: E.B. Dreger <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/28/2003 02:54:23
V> Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:34:14 +0100
V> From: Vincent

V> has anybody any experience with the Intel C++ for Linux compiler ? I
V> mean, using it both for compiling packages, and for kernel compiling.
V>
V> According to some sources available on the net, the code seems to be 20
V> to 30 % better on i386 machines... Could be worth trying ?
V>
V> Vincent
V>
V> PS : of course, I know this compiler is not portable ! :)

One might also look at the Tendra compiler:

	http://www.ten15.org/

I've only played with it a bit, and haven't had a chance to
contribute anything... but the portability, compiler behavior
(try compiling something and note the error reporting), and BSD
license all appeal to me.

Eddy
--
Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita