Subject: mapping PCI memory
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/26/2003 22:58:37
For COMPAT_DARWIN, I need to map all the memory from the video board to
the display server.
As far as I understand the problem, I need to use bus_space_mmap for all
the pages of memory that should be mapped. This leaves me with several
1) I need a tag for a given display. On macppc, wsdisplay is child of
ofb, and ofb_softc has two tags:
What is the revelant tag here? I'd say pcitag_t, is that right?
2) Is there a way of finding the tag from wsdisplay without the
assumption that it's a child of ofb (on i386, it's a child of vga, for
3) Do I have a way of discovering the amount of memory in the video
board? It seems acheivable only if I assume it's a PCI board, do we have
more general mecanisms?
4) bus_space_mmap will want a base addresse, where can I find this?
5) Once I have everything, I shall call bus_space_mmap for each page. Do
we have another function that would do the job for the whole space?
Sorry if that's dumb questions, I'm not used at all to bus_space_*
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent
le binaire et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas.