Subject: Final reaper removal patch
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/23/2003 11:08:18
Hi,

the final patch is available on

	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdolecek/reaper.diff

This change removes for reaper thread, optimizing process exit
path.

It's fully tested on i386, and test-compiled on most other archs.

This patch constains MD changes for all archs. I'd appreciate if
non-i386 people could sanity-check the MD source changes, particularily
the assembler parts. While I'm fairly certain at least about changes
in MD *.c files (only pc532 is somewhat unclear), I'd appreciate
extra review for those too.

These particular archs need review most:
* m68k
* pc532
* sparc, sparc64

Note: there is some room for optimization in MD parts, similarily
to what was done for i386. I'd like to keep the initial diff
minimal though, and prefer if additional MD tweaks would be done after
commit of the main thing.

If there would be no objections to this, I'll commit the
change sometime around Jan 3rd 2004.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-