Subject: Re: TCP large-send? [was re: a new wm driver]
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/17/2003 13:43:29
--Apple-Mail-34-1048412804

On Dec 17, 2003, at 1:12 PM, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Whilst we're on the topic of NIC tuning:
>
> Has anyone looked (seriously or otherwise) at integrating MS-style
> `large send' into our TCP, for NICs that can handle it?

Yes, I've thought about it.  The trick is to decouple the actual
MTU/segment size from the size of the segment we actually build in
tcp_output(), then setting a flag in the mbuf saying "hey, segment
this".

I don't think it'll actually be that hard to implement, I just haven't
gotten around to it yet.

--Apple-Mail-34-1048412804
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit