Subject: Re: A new wm driver
To: Pascal Renauld <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/17/2003 12:14:12

On Dec 17, 2003, at 11:40 AM, Pascal Renauld wrote:

> if_wm_hw.c and if_wm_hw.h are dedicated to tuning and represent around
> 7100 lines. I think it speaks for itself. The *generic* part of the
> driver is around 3700 lines.

No, those parts of the driver are not dedicated to *tuning*.  A large
part of that "hw" layer is basic access to the hw functions of the
chip, and also doing things like interacting with the PHY (which NetBSD
has a shared source module for, that is also used by many other
Ethernet drivers).

        -- Jason R. Thorpe <>

content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (Darwin)