Subject: Re: A new wm driver
To: Pascal Renauld <prenauld@nssolutions.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/17/2003 09:10:55
--Apple-Mail-25-1032058599

On Dec 17, 2003, at 7:22 AM, Pascal Renauld wrote:

> I ported the latest wm driver (originally em) from FreeBSD to NetBSD.
> The driver behaves correctly on the machines in our lab, but more
> testing is necessary on other hardware. This driver supports the
> latest Intel Gigabit boards and has much more hardware tuning than the
> current version. My company, Network Storage Solutions has decided to
> give the source code back to the NetBSD project. If there is an
> interest to include it in the CVS repository, i have the source code
> available.

The wm driver in -current supports the latest Intel Gig-E boards/chips,
too.  I don't see any reason to pull in the "em" driver from FreeBSD,
particularly considering that it won't work on all of the platforms
that the current "wm" driver works on.

It would be interesting to perhaps tweak the tuning of the current "wm"
driver, however.  Do you have specific examples of tuning differences
between the drivers?

--Apple-Mail-25-1032058599
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit