Subject: Re: TCPA Driver for NetBSD
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/11/2003 21:13:53
--=-=-=

Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> writes:

>> I looked at this some time ago, I found it on LPC/superio ioport range in
>> the ACPI (_CRS) info used by the driver, but never found if there was a
>> mapping where the TCPA chip was in the acpi, but I might have missed
>> something.
>
> The big question is if the ACPI info tells you how to configure the two=20
> "General Purpose" mappings in the LPC? :-)

I couldn't find anything, but then I don't understand hardware that well.

Also, I could only find the first address used in the driver in the superio
CRS stuff, the second one wasn't there (the one that is written in the the
tcpa/tcpa-frontent/whatever in the driver). Dunno what the IBM linux driver
got that one from.

>> The ACPI contains a data-blob that tells that you that there is a ACPI
>> chip, but that also doesn't contain any info what ioports the tcpi chip =
is
>> at.
>>=20
>> /*
>> TCPA: Length=3D50, Revision=3D1, Checksum=3D111,
>>         OEMID=3DIBM, OEM Table ID=3DTP-1I, OEM Revision=3D0x2022,
>>         Creator ID=3DPTL, Creator Revision=3D0x1
>> 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00=20
>>  */
>
> I gather that the TCPA chip only showes up in one place??

Yes.

Love

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--