Subject: Re: SA/pthread syscall versioning
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/11/2003 10:03:40
On Dec 11, 2003, at 8:55 AM, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> BTW, this is the case [leaking kernel memory info] in many of the
> siginfo
> machdep.c files (sparc,sparc64,vax, etc.) It did not seem important at
> the time, but maybe we should bring it up for discussion again.

The vax implementation (and powerpc) does not leak kernel memory info.
However, it will leave portions of the siginfo_t that are not
used/overlayed
by ksiginfo_t unchanged.  That is not a kernel memory leak.
--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/