Subject: Re: lwp_emuldata
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/11/2003 09:34:15
On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 09:22:26AM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> I have the need of per-lwp emuldata for COMPAT_MACH. I have two ideas to
> implement it. The first one is the most straightforward, the second one
> tries to avoid adding emulation hooks, as this tends to make some
> developers unhappy.

I tend to count myself in that "unhappy" category in general. But your first
idea is so much cleaner than the second one, I wouldn't waste any time on the
second.

But I'd like to understand what's causing this need for per-lwp emuldata,
just out of curiosity. What emulated entitity are you mapping to LWPs, or how
are LPWs exposed to the emulated userland?

Martin