Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 release date
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/09/2003 00:23:49
On Dec 8, 2003, at 1:46 PM, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> I don't think we need to do it for a few more years yet, but I think=20=

> it is
> something we can now tackle (right) when we choose to.

We intend to bump the major version of the OS with the next release, so=20=

*if* we are going to bump the major version of libc in the near future=20=

it would make sense to do it with the major bump of the OS.  =46rom 1.x=20=

to 2.x, people expect there might be issues, such as significant=20
libraries being rev'd.  It may not be something we *need* to do, but if=20=

we do it now, we won't need to do it again until NetBSD 3.0.

It's something we can do.  It's something we want to do.  It's=20
something we have the opportunity to do.

So, let's choose to do it now.

jf
--=20
John Franklin