Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 release date
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/07/2003 10:32:14
--Apple-Mail-1-172938148

On Dec 7, 2003, at 10:21 AM, Greg A. Woods wrote:

>> This is simply too large of a task.
>
> I disagree with this very _strongly_.

That's nice.  I suppose you could always fork off your own GregBSD and
take on this project yourself.

> Neither you nor anyone else have given any even half-educated guesses
> the questions I've asked in order to try to quantify this issue.

That's because we've hashed the issue over and over literally *years*
ago, and even experienced some of the pain when we tried to bump the
libc major during that time period.  The pain we experienced is what
caused us to down-rev back to the previous libc major and implement
symbol renaming.  This is a dead horse, and frankly, we have better
things to do with our time than educate you when the information is out
there for your own gathering.

Those of us arguing against bumping the libc major know, from
experience, what we're talking about.  You, as far as I can tell, have
absolutely zero clue as to the scope of the problem.

I suggest you educate yourself.  Start by reading the mailing list
archives from years past.

--Apple-Mail-1-172938148
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit